Saint Maryâ€™s University, April 30 – May 2
Before heading off to the Nationals, the top 40 grade 7-12 scientists that make up Team Nova Scotia are invited to Halifax for three days of fun at the ninth annual Team Nova Scotia Showcase!
At the Showcase all members are given signature blue and yellow Team Jackets – needless to say, Team Nova Scotia makes quite a presence at the Canada Wide Science Fair each year!
Held at Saint Maryâ€™s University, this team-building and media event gives the Team the opportunity to meet one another and participate in some fun and educational activities and tours as a reward for all of their hard work. The young scientists will present their award-winning projects to members of the corporate, government, and educational communities, as well as the community at large, giving them a final chance to sharpen their presentation skills before heading off to Winnipeg.
Some of this yearâ€™s event highlights include:
- Take apart a Blackberry! An interactive activity presented by Research In Motion (RIM)
- Astronomer Luigi Galloâ€™s keynote presentation in honour of the International Year of Astronomy
- Evolution and the Fossil Record: a look at real fossils and evolution from a geological perspective
- Tour of the National Research Councilâ€™s marine biology lab in Halifax
- Dinner with Scientists: students will have dinner with members of the scientific community
- Glow-in-the-dark Mini-Putt
- â€¦and much much more!
Students and chaperones will be staying and dining in the Loyola Residence on SMU campus.
Rules and regulations are the same as presented in the Canada-Wide Science Fair Registration Handbook (you’ll need to register online, then click on Documentation). If you have further questions about this, please contact your local teacher or parent chaperone.
For a tentative Team Nova Scotia Showcase schedule, please click here.
Youâ€™re Invited to Meet Team Nova Scotia!
The public is invited to come and view these award-winning projects during one of the two public viewing times:
- Friday, May 1 from 3 – 5:30pm
- Saturday, May 2 from 11am – 1pm
We hope to see you there!
To download your Invitation in PDF format, please click here.